These Chocolate Baked Oats have a texture between baked oatmeal and cake and are a scrumptious, candy deal with that’s wholesome sufficient to take pleasure in for breakfast!
Chocolate for breakfast? Certain–why not?! When it comes within the type of these good-for-you Chocolate Baked Oats it’s a good way to gasoline your day!
Oatmeal recipes are an all-time favourite at my place. I occur to assume I’ve the greatest oatmeal recipes on the Web. 😉
These Chocolate Baked Oats are a little bit totally different than my standard baked oatmeal recipes. This Berry Baked Oatmeal is certainly an absolute favourite, together with Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal. Each of these use my common method for creating baked oatmeal.
So what makes this Chocolate Baked Oats totally different? One little factor, which is why I’m calling it baked oats as an alternative of baked oatmeal. As a substitute of utilizing all quaint oats, we mix half of the oats into oat flour (or simply use half oat flour).This little distinction modifications the feel drastically. These Chocolate Baked Oats have a extra cake-like texture than that of baked oatmeal. That is what I used to be going for as currently my son, Luke, isn’t loving the feel of oatmeal. This mounted that drawback!
Able to roll? Let’s make some baked oats!
Recipe Substances–What You Want
We’d like easy substances for this chocolate baked oats recipe, most of that are available at our houses. I’ve talked about the alternate options for substances which you can swap, so even if you happen to can’t discover an ingredient, you realize what to make use of as an alternative.
The primary and first ingredient that we’d like for this recipe is 2 cups of old style rolled oats. We’ll use 1 cup to make oat flour and the remainder maintain of their rolled oats kind so as to add to the batter. I’ve used quick-cooking oats for this recipe, however my desire is quaint oats as an alternative of fast oats. Metal minimize oats received’t work right here.
Rolled oats are a gluten-free complete grain filled with diet and provide a number of well being advantages. For starters, oatmeal is an extremely nutritious breakfast possibility. It’s wealthy in manganese, fiber, and Nutritional vitamins B1 and B5.
Research present that oats comprise the antioxidant avenanthramides that decrease blood strain, regulate blood sugar, and have anti-itching and anti inflammatory properties.
As we’re making chocolate oats, we are going to add ¼ cup cocoa powder to the recipe. Cocoa powder provides this baked oatmeal recipe a wealthy chocolate taste. Cocoa powder is thought to enhance cognitive well being by enhancing focus and a focus. Secondly, it incorporates iron, zinc, and selenium that work collectively to spice up your immune system. And most significantly, cocoa powder has polyphenols that enhance ldl cholesterol and blood sugar ranges and scale back the chance of coronary heart illness.
You can too strive chocolate protein powder as an alternative choice to cocoa powder. I haven’t tried this, however assume it could work simply effective!
We are going to add 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder to the recipe. It’s chemical leavening that helps baked items rise, making them gentle and fluffy.
We additionally want 1 cup of milk for this baked oats recipe. As it is a gluten-free recipe, you may select to make use of any kind of milk, dairy or non-dairy milk. Common milk works, however you may also use use a cup of almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or soy milk. Unsweetened is my desire.
We’d like 2 massive eggs for this recipe to bind all of the substances collectively. Eggs are wealthy in protein, Nutritional vitamins B6, B12, and D.
Nevertheless, if you happen to’re following a vegan food regimen, take a look at these vegan egg substitutes. You need to use a flax egg as a wholesome substitute for normal eggs. Simply combine a tablespoon of floor flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of water, and wait for five minutes for it to thicken and switch into an egg white-like sticky consistency.
For added taste, we’d like ½ a cup of peanut butter. I used pure peanut butter, however if you would like, you may also use almond butter or cashew butter. The purpose is to make use of nut butter with out added sugars, and it helps give the oat combination a cake-like texture.
As we’re not utilizing any type of sugar in these chocolate-baked oats, however we are going to sweeten it up by including 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup. You can too use honey or unsweetened applesauce so as to add pure sweetness to the chocolate oatmeal.
Please word this this ingredient isn’t proven within the photograph. It was added throughout a later recipe testing and I didn’t get a photograph. I discovered including in oil made the general texture extra moist and I favored it rather a lot higher. In the event you don’t have avocado oil you possibly can use melted coconut oil.
For the ultimate chocolate-y contact, we are going to add ½ a cup of chocolate chips to the recipe. I used stevia-sweetened chocolate chips; nevertheless, you may also use darkish chocolate chips, double chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips.
We are going to add ¼ cup of chocolate chips to the oat combination and use the remaining so as to add as a topping.
The right way to Make Chocolate Baked Oats
This heart-healthy oatmeal recipe is an easy mix-and-bake recipe, and you may put together it in beneath Half-hour. Listed here are the directions to arrange it:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 levels. Flippantly grease an 8X8 or 9X9 inch baking pan and put aside.
2. Put 1 cup of the rolled oats in your blender and mix till it turns into oat flour.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the oat flour, the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add the milk, eggs, avocado oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Stir till mixed.
5. Pour the oatmeal combination into the ready baking pan. Prime with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
6. Bake within the preheated oven till the highest is about, for about 20-Half-hour.
Enable the Chocolate Baked Oats to chill earlier than spooning out servings. Get pleasure from!
In the event you do that recipe or any of my different wholesome recipes, please let me know what you assume within the feedback under and don’t neglect to depart a star ranking. Share your photograph on Instagram and tag me and I’ll characteristic you. I can’t wait to see you do that!
Chocolate Baked Oats Recipe (Wholesome!)
This Chocolate Baked Oats recipe is tremendous easy to make with on a regular basis substances and makes a wholesome breakfast, snack, or dessert!
- Preheat your oven to 350 levels. Flippantly grease an 8X8 or 9X9 inch baking pan and put aside.
- Put 1 cup of the rolled oats in your blender and mix till it turns into oat flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the oat flour, the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk, eggs, peanut butter, maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Stir till mixed.
- Pour the oatmeal combination into the ready baking pan. Prime with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake within the preheated oven till the highest is about, for about 20-Half-hour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 25 minutes
- Class: recipes
- Methodology: oven
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1/6 of recipe
- Energy: 418
- Sugar: 15 grams
- Fats: 20.5 grams
- Saturated Fats: 5.2 grams
- Trans Fats: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 49 grams
- Fiber: 8.1 grams
- Protein: 13.4 grams
Key phrases: Chocolate Baked Oats
Recipe Variations and Ideas & Tips
Though this chocolate-baked oats recipe is fairly easy, listed below are some suggestions and tips that will help you make it the perfect ever.
1. This wholesome chocolate-baked oats recipe is already a creamy candy deal with, however if you happen to’d prefer to make it a straight-up dessert, throw in some chopped peanut butter cups. Hold it wholesome with these Wholesome Peanut Butter Cups!
2. For extra depth of taste, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the oats combination.
3. Use a high-speed blender or meals processor to mix the oats into easy oat flour.
4. Prime the chocolate-baked oats with contemporary berries, contemporary fruit, or my vegan caramel sauce (pictured above) for further diet and taste!
In the event you had enjoyable baking and devouring this scrumptious chocolate baked oats recipe for breakfast, I’ve loads of extra wholesome oatmeal recipes for you. Strive my excessive protein in a single day oats, apple pie in a single day oats, peach baked oatmeal, and low-sugar oatmeal recipes the following time you’re craving one thing good and wholesome for breakfast.
Completely satisfied baking!