Pecan Upside Down Cake will flip your universe the wrong way up in the absolute best means! This bundt cake is mild, ethereal, and oh so moist whereas the pecan topping presents the right quantity of candy and salty. Do that simple pecan cake recipe that’s positive to grow to be a household favourite!
For extra scrumptious dessert concepts like this simple bundt cake recipe, take a look at our recipes for Lemon Jello Cake, Bisquick Peach Cobbler and edible Oreo Cookie Dough!
The buttery, brown sugary, pecan-studded caramelized topping on this cake can have your style buds doing a cheerful dance. For actual. My husband stored strolling by and attempting to snag the items of pecans that had fallen off the cake as a result of he beloved it a lot. Love the style of pecan pie filling? You then’ll love this cake because it showcases the flavors of a traditional pecan pie with out being as wealthy. It’s a nice cake recipe for the vacation season or actually any potluck or birthday celebration.
What’s an upside-down cake?
An upside-down cake is a kind of cake that’s baked with the topping on the underside of the pan and the cake batter is then poured on high. After baking, the pan is flipped over. The topping is usually product of fruit, resembling pineapple, and is caramelized throughout the baking course of.
Upside Down Pecan Cake Recipe Substances
To make this pecan upside-down bundt cake, you’ll want the next easy substances:
- yellow cake combine: I used a butter recipe selection however a typical yellow cake combine is simply high quality. You can too substitute a vanilla cake combine and even butter pecan cake combine.
- bitter cream: It is a good way so as to add moisture and a wealthy, creamy texture. Plus the acidity prompts leveling brokers within the cake combine so you may get a better rise and lighter texture.
- milk: Like bitter cream, milk provides moisture and prompts leveling for a better rise and lighter texture. Due to the proteins and fat in milk, the result’s a young and moist cake. Plus, milk simply provides taste that water can’t present.
- eggs: Eggs are an important ingredient for construction, leavening, moisture and taste for any cake.
- vanilla extract: For a candy and aromatic taste to the cake and to stability the sweetness with a slight bitter word.
- vegetable oil: A mandatory element for a young, mushy crumb texture and to increase the shelf life a cake vs. utilizing butter.
- brown sugar: Mild brown sugar is greatest. Brown sugar has a richer and deeper taste over white sugar and compliments the nuttiness of the pecans.
- butter: Unsalted can be supreme however salted must also work high quality.
- pecans: What would a recipe for pecan the wrong way up cake be with out the pecans? When you don’t have pecans you may substitute walnuts, nevertheless I extremely suggest utilizing pecans. Nothing tastes fairly like baked pecans!
- mild corn syrup: Obligatory for the caramel pecan topping and never only for that shiny shine! It helps to stability the bitterness of the pecans and the thick and sticky texture helps bind the pecan collectively.
- pinch of salt: When you use salted butter, you possibly can skip this.
Learn how to Make Pecan Upside-Down Cake
Making this pecan pie the wrong way up cake simply requires a number of easy steps! Begin by preheating your oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Spray your bundt pan liberally with nonstick baking spray, ensuring to get crevices.
In a medium bowl, add the brown sugar, melted butter, corn syrup and salt. Combine collectively. Stir in coarsely chopped or damaged pecans till nicely mixed.
Unfold the pecan combination to create a good layer on backside of your bundt pan.
In massive mixing bowl, beat yellow cake combine, bitter cream, milk, oil, eggs on low velocity till moistened. Flip mixer as much as medium then beat for a full 2 minutes. Stir vanilla into cake batter. Pour batter over pecan combination, spreading out evenly.
Bake 40-45 minutes. A toothpick inserted within the middle ought to come out clear.
Cool for 10 minutes on a wire cooling rack. Gently run a butter knife alongside the sides of the cake to loosen it barely so it doesn’t stick the to pan. Place massive serving plate, cake plate or serving bowl over high of the bundt cake pan and flip over shortly. It shouldn’t stick but when it does, a gently shake ought to assist.
Serve instantly if you need a heat cake or enable to chill to room temperature for simpler reducing. I most well-liked the feel of the cake itself after it had an opportunity to chill, however the pecan topping when it’s nonetheless heat is additional good. It’s a commerce off and completely scrumptious at both temperature. Cowl leftover cooled cake with plastic wrap.
My 15 yr previous son instructed me that this was his favourite cake I’ve ever made. That could be a big praise! He isn’t a giant fan of frosting and raved concerning the caramel pecan topping on the highest of this moist and fluffy cake. I can’t blame him. That is means up there for me as nicely when it comes to scrumptious desserts. It’s ridiculous how a lot I really like the highest of this cake. That’s most likely why I really like these pecan caramel clusters a lot!
Types of Upside-Down Truffles
Pineapple the wrong way up cake, apple the wrong way up cake, cherry the wrong way up cake, and peach the wrong way up cake are just some examples of the various styles of this model of dessert. I’ve even made cranberry the wrong way up cake with contemporary cranberries for Christmas. (So good!) Along with the traditional pineapple model, variations utilizing chocolate, caramel, and even caramelized nuts like on this recipe are additionally frequent. So, step out of the field and take a look at a few of these different varieties!
Can this be made in a 13×9 inch baking pan?
Sure! When you don’t have a bundt pan, no downside! You should use a 13×9 inch baking dish as an alternative. Remember to spray it with cooking spray and comply with the recipe directions, altering the baking time to 25 to half-hour or till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear.
Pecan Upside Down Cake
This pecan the wrong way up cake is a crowd-pleasing dessert that’s certain to be successful with everybody! The caramelized pecan topping is the right mix of candy and salty and pairs nicely with the tremendous moist and flavorful yellow cake. Make it in a bundt pan as proven or 13×9 inch pan.
packed brown sugar
mild corn syrup
field (15.25 oz)
15.25 oz Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Combine
(or Yellow Cake Combine)*
Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Spray a bundt pan liberally with cooking spray, ensuring to get crevices.
In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, melted butter, corn syrup and salt. Stir in pecans till nicely mixed.
Pour into bundt pan and unfold combination evenly on backside of pan.
In massive mixing bowl, beat cake combine, bitter cream, milk, oil, eggs on low, simply till moistened. Flip mixer as much as medium and beat for two minutes. Stir in vanilla.
Pour cake batter over pecan combination, spreading out evenly.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes. A toothpick inserted within the middle ought to come out clear. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Gently run a knife alongside the sides of the cake to loosen it barely. Place massive serving plate or bowl over high of the bundt cake pan and flip over.
Serve instantly or enable to chill to room temperature for simpler reducing.
May bake in a 13×9 inch pan for 25 to half-hour. Let cake cool for one minute earlier than operating a knife alongside the sting and flipping over.
*Vanilla cake combine or butter pecan cake combine will be substituted.
Pecan Upside Down Cake
Quantity per Serving
% Day by day Worth*
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
I’d like to see you on Pinterest! Observe me for extra recipes you received’t need to miss!!